Royal trekRecommended Equipment
- Sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
- Head torch
- Cotton T-shirts or Thermals
- Fleece jacket
- Waterproof jacket
- Down jacket
- Lightweight cotton pants (long)
- Waterproof Pants
- Thin inner socks
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks
- Comfortable Hiking boots
- Sleeping bag rated to – 20°C
- Trekking bags/duffel bag
- Large plastic bags (for keeping items dry inside trek bag)
- Trekking poles (optional, recommended)
- Water bottle or camel bag
Day 01 – Kathmandu: Arrival
It is a panoramic thrill flying into Kathmandu on a clear day. The views of snow-capped mountain peaks sprawling down below you are almost ecstatic, beginning a whole chain of memorable experiences that stay with you for a long, long time. A representative and driver from our office will meet you at the airport and escort you to your hotel. The representative will help you check into your designated hotel. At the hotel, you will be briefed about your daily activities.
Day 02 – Sightseeing of Kathmandu Valley
Kathmandu is the historical and cultural heart of Nepal and has been a popular destination for tourists ever since Nepal opened its doors to visitors. The city presents a wonderful mix of Hinduism, Tibetan Buddhism and Western influence in the Valley. Patan and Bhaktapur, its two major neighboring cities bear immense historical, cultural and religious significances. There will be a half day guided tour to the famous and biggest Hindu shrine of Pashupatinath, the largest Buddhist stupa in Nepal Boudhanath, the 15th century Palace of 55 windows and Swoyambhunath.
Day 03 – Fly or drive to Pokhara (optional), then drive to Bijayapur, then start trek to Kalikasthan
From Kathmandu we take a half an hour scenic flight to Pokhara and drive to Bijaypur or we drive along the Prithivi Highway to Bijaypur for about 6 hrs. We will then make a short trek up to Kalikastan. We climb through the terraced cultivated fields of Kandane, following the steep stone steps, and eventually reaching a level path under the shade of evergreen trees. The path is steep but the background vista is incredible, vast stretches of flat farmland covers the valley. We will take a short rest in the shade of a huge Banyan tree, close to the scenic village of Archale. Now we head to Kalikastan. The view from Kalikastan is incredible, as the peaks of the Annapurna and the Machhapuchhre (fish tail) are clearly visible from here.
Day 04 – Trek to Patle
We start on a level path and after a short while descend through the tranquil evergreen forest of Okhare to the village of Mastan Saurani. From here, the path ascends, winding up to the village of Sundergaon, and then goes straight down to reach the village of Patle.
Day 05 – Trek to Syaglung
The route follows through a vast green forest on the right. On the way the path takes an undulating descent to the village of Ozangaun. We stop for a brief rest at the school at Ramche, and then steeply descend to the village of Lipyani, where we stop for lunch. Here there are few shops where we can buy some cold drinks or mineral water. After lunch, we start ascending the typical stone steps to Syaglung danda through an enchanting rhododendron forest. The trail is so peaceful that you can only hear the sound of your own footsteps. After a hard climb, we eventually enter the village of Syaglung, a typical Gurung settlement. From the village we can glimpse the entire Lumjung Himal – a breathtaking sight!
Day 06 – Conclude trek at Begnas Lake and drive to Pokhara
Today we retrace our way back to Lipyani. The path is steep, descending on stone steps, with the Doban Khola on the right and contoured rice and wheat fields on the left. We come to a wooden bridge over Doban Khola, and then climb up the hill through a forest and arrive at the Lapsi danda. Here we take a short rest. Now the path becomes easier as we enter the village of Lapsidanda. We make a short descent to the motor road and follow the track to the village of Begnas, where we stop for lunch in an open field. After lunch, we make a short trek along the dirt road, to our bus pick-up point at Begnas where we finally end our trek. We reach Pokhara after a short bus ride and stay overnight in a hotel.
Day 07 – Fly to Kathmandu
Today you fly back to Kathmandu. Depending on your flight schedule you will be taken for a half-day sightseeing tour around Pokhara.
Day 08 – Depart Kathmandu
After checking out of the hotel, you will be transferred to the airport for your flight home.
Inclusive of costs
- Airport pick up and drop
- Sightseening in Kathmandu valley (by car or jeep)
- 5 days adventure, 5 days include 3 meals a day
- 2 nights of accommodation in Kathmandu, breakfast included
- 2 nights in Pokhara hotel
- Kathmandu to Pokhara by flight, bus to Kathmandu
- Accommodation while trekking
- Royal trek permit
- TIMS (traveler security) Card
- Fully-licensed, English-speaking guide
- Porter service (if needed)
- Local and government taxes
- Taxi to Bijayapur
- Begnaslake to Pokhara by taxi
- Office expenses
- Farewell dinner
Exclusive of costs
- Your insurance (compulsary for your safty)
- International air fare
- Beverages, water, beer, chocolates
- Shower, charge for your equipements, laundry
- Personal gears and clothing (aviable on hire)
- Tip for guide porter
- Incurred in emergancy evacuation/road block due to any reason
- Drinks and snacks while walking
Why you should book the tours with Pinnacle Trek?
- Best price with better hospitality
- You have a big group? We can help!
- Local experienced guides and porters
- Top-notch customer service
- Depature date is guaranteed
- We can help you to make it fits for your budget
- We can customize the trip for your need
- 15 years of experiences of trekking field
We understand things happen and plans change and will refund your deposit minus a $170 cancelation fee. Once we have booked your flight between Pokhara to Kathmandu or Kathmandu to Pokhar your deposit is non-refundable. If your travel dates change we can generally reschedule you at no extra charge, but please provide at least 7 days advance notice.