Mardi himal trekRecommended Equipment
The following are what we advise you obtain in the way of equipment and gear before trekking in Nepal, and are meant to keep you mobile and comfortable in a range of expected weather conditions. Trekking gear can be rented or purchased in Kathmandu at cheaper prices, remember Nepal is the home of Mount Everest, there is plenty of choice and our staff can assist you with the necessary arrangements. Except for your day pack, all luggage will be carried by porters. There is an allowance of 33lbs/15kg per person. Additional personal items not needed for the trekking portion of the trip can be checked in the hotel’s storage room for no extra cost.
- Sun hat or scarf
- Light balaclava or warm fleece hat
- Head torch
- Cotton T-shirts or Thermals
- Fleece jacket
- Waterproof jacket
- Down jacket
- Lightweight cotton pants (long)
- Waterproof Pants
- Thin inner socks
- Thick, warm wool hiking socks
- Comfortable Hiking boots
- Sleeping bag rated to – 20°C
- Trekking bags/duffel bag
- Large plastic bags (for keeping items dry inside trek bag)
- Trekking poles (optional, recommended)
- Water bottle or camel bag
Day 01 – Arrival Day
Pick up from international airport. Overnight at Hotel in Kathmandu. Welcome to Kathmandu, the capital and cultural hub of Nepal! We’ll be waiting with a warm greeting and easy transfer to your hotel. Plan on an evening briefing on last-minute specifics about your trek.
Day 02 – Kathmandu: Sightseeing Day
We’ll meet up today bright and early after breakfast for a full morning of sightseeing around Kathmandu Valley. The capital and surrounding geographical area contain more UNESCO World Heritage Sites than anywhere else on Earth, and we’ll be visiting some of the highlights. Bring your camera as we tour Pashupatinath temple, Boudhanath, Swayambhunath (the ìmonkey templeî), and Durbar Square. Afternoon and early evening bring a final briefing and preparations for trekking.
Day 03 – Flight to Pokhara
Hotel in Pokhara
Leave your hotel for a quick morning flight to Pokhara. Spend the rest of the day relaxing in this beautiful mountain city and prepare for the trek the following day.
Day 04 – Trek to Pothana
Duration: 1,925m – 4 hours trekking
We drive to Phedi a small village about 30 mins from Pokhara where we start the days trek to the small village of Pothana where we take rest in local tea house.
Day 05 – Trek to Forest Camp at Kokar
Duration: 2,600m – 4 hours walking
The trek is through a beautiful forest of oak and and rhododendron which typically blooms in April. The tea houses in Kokar are quite basic but cozy and you can enjoy a home cooked meal in the kitchen.
Day 06- Trek to Low Camp
Duration: 3,150m – 5 hours walking
We continue hiking through the forest which gradually thins as elevation increases. Once you get to Low Camp you get your first good views of Machhapuchhre. The lodges here are basic and one even has an open fire in the dining area where you can enjoy a hot cooked meal before retiring.
Day 07 – Trek to High Camp
Duration: 3,600m – 4 hours walking
Today you are out of the forest as the trail goes above tree line and you can enjoy views of both Annapurna South and Hiunchuli. Continue along the main ridge line leading to Mardi HImal to High Camp for the night where you will find a comfortable tea houses with some fantastic views.
Day 08 – Daywalk to Upper viewpoint
Duration: 4,200m – 4 hours walking
Today is the high pint of the trek and from the Upper View point you get a fantastic view the south face of Annapurna as well as of the Annapurna Sanctuary and surrounding peaks.
Day 09 – Trek to Siding village
Duration: 1,750m – 6 hours walking
Heading back down it’s a different route and we will visit Siding which is a traditional village that is not often visited by trekkers so it retains some of its historical charm. Enjoy a home cooked meal of traditional dal bhat in the family kitchen.
Day 10 – Trek to Lumre and drive to Pokhara
Duration: 3 hours walking
It’s a short walk down to Lumre and you will pass some traditional villages before you get back to the road where we will have a car waiting to take you back to Pokhara for the evening.
Day 11 – Bus to Kathmandu and overnight in Kathmandu
The six-hour drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu brings us back the way we originally came, ending again in a comfortable hotel. Your long trek is complete: it’s time for some rest! After an afternoon to nap and relax, we’ll meet up one last time for a celebratory dinner at one of the town’s finest Nepalese restaurants, where you can give us your feedback on the trek.
Inclusive of costs
- Airport pick up and drop
- Sightseening in Kathmandu valley (by car or jeep)
- 8 days adventure, 8 days include 3 meals a day
- 2 nights of accommodation in Kathmandu, breakfast included
- 1 night in Pokhara hotel
- Kathmandu to Pokhara by flight, bus to Kathmandu
- Accommodation while trekking
- Annapurna conservation area trek permit
- TIMS (traveler security) Card
- Fully-licensed, English-speaking guide
- Porter service (if needed)
- Local and government taxes
- Taxi to Phedi
- Office expenses
- Farewell dinner
Exclusive of costs
- Your insurance (compulsary for your safty)
- International air fare
- Beverages, water, beer, chocolates
- Shower, charge for your equipements, laundry
- Personal gears and clothing (aviable on hire)
- Tip for guide porter
- Incurred in emergancy evacuation/road block due to any reason
- Drinks and snacks while walking
Why you should book the tours with Pinnacle Trek?
- Best price with better hospitality
- You have a big group? We can help!
- Local experienced guides and porters
- Top-notch customer service
- Depature date is guaranteed
- We can help you to make it fits for your budget
- We can customize the trip for your need
- 15 years of experiences of trekking field
We understand things happen and plans change and will refund your deposit minus a $170 cancelation fee. Once we have booked your flight between Pokhara to Kathmandu or Kathmandu to Pokhar your deposit is non-refundable. If your travel dates change we can generally reschedule you at no extra charge, but please provide at least 7 days advance notice.